My Playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday 17 July 2012

3 Days Working In PC Fair

KLCC PC Fair! 
I got a job as a promoter for Avast anti virus and the pay was RM80 per day and the commission was very low. Better than nothing though because I got nothing to do. RM240 for 3 days is like free salary. The first day it was at KLCC Convention Centre. My friend and I was situated at a place there were not many people there. The target for that day was 10 copies of anti virus sold per promoter. PC Fair ain't fair for software. Its the hardware that is cheaper. Who the heck goes to PC Fair just to look for anti virus?

Owh well, my job is to promote and having a nice relationship with the customer is what I do best. But seriously some other promoters do not know what are they doing! They gave wrong information to the customers not to say cheat but unintentionally the customers were being cheated because the information was not correct given by the other promoters.

My friend and I managed to sold 4 copies only on the first day due the "feng shui" place. To us it was a better than none sold. We were "scolded" because there were many people not holding Avast pamphlet. Are you kidding me?! They do not want to take it then what can we do?! Force them to take and persuade them into taking the pamphlet? So am I suppose to say, "Hey sir/miss, here take our pamphlet to wipe your ass. Our pamphlet has a wider surface area compared to your toilet paper."

The next day my friend and I was sent to Low Yat because they have their fair as well. At first we thought that Low Yat will be worse but it turned out to be awesome! The target at Low Yat was 5 copies per promoter but we managed to sell around 15. It was really really tiring and my legs could not take it anymore. I went back to my apartment with a zombified body.

The last day of my work was also at Low Yat but this time the target was 10 copies. My friend and I was like WTH?! Yesterday the target was 5 per promoter and now it is doubled?! What are the chances to get as many customers as before? It is tough but we tried our best. Surprisingly the sales was awesome after lunch! The total copies we sold was 26! We achieved our target and we have bonus RM75 in our pay. 

When we reported to the person in charge of our sales, he was shocked! He sent 2 MVPs away and I bet he regretted. If not KLCC would have better sales compared to Low Yat. Average out both of us beat the other promoters in KLCC flat. It was a nice experience though because it was my first time working. The next PC Fair will be in Ipoh and I wish to work in my hometown as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment